Sunday, February 10, 2008

The great unwashed

So that's it....I'm now unemployed....or rather not employed. This is only the second time in my life I've been in this situation, and the second where I've ended up here after leaving a wonderful job. The first was when the contract with the Council ran out and I was sad to leave, but then had a fruitful 18 months as a self-employed consultant. It was very very sad leaving work: saying goodbye to good friends and colleagues. I'm going to miss them, and the students (I have a lovely snuggly Uni of P sweatshirt from one of them - good job I gave them a top mark BEFORE they gave me the gift to avoid any accusations of impropriety!) I'm very grateful right now that I have lots of packing to do so that I don't dwell on the sadness and on the enormity of what lies before me. Most of the upstairs is packed - and huge quantities of stuff have been thrown out: endless cables that belong to lord knows what, birthday cards from people I can't remember, old clothes that were kept for sentimental reasons but can't remember what the sentiment was, and so on. Feels great to have a good clear out. And I found $10 and $22 Canadian in the process so I both cleaned up and cleaned out!

Nicky arrives Wednesday to help with the rest of the packing and we're off to Cornwall to collect some of his things from Falmouth in time for the shippers on the 20th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home