Monday, March 20, 2006

A life on the ocean waves


We went sailing yesterday on a 20' yacht from Leeward up to Pine Cay and back again. My first time sailing for a long time, Osh's first. He was very good and was allowed a go on the tiller on the way home - learning first hand what happens to the boat when you push and pull the tiller. Both of us achieved a first when we anchored off shore in deep water (don't know how deep, but deeper than me!) and swam to the beach. We put osh in a life jacket and Nicky helped him swim through the water (Nicky has excellent life-saving credentials and so no worries on that front!). I've certainly never done that before (no real urge to swim to shore when I was sailing in the Hebrides) and we had lots of fun. Osh was certainly very pleased with himself. I got into the water first and realised that swimming to shore in my glasses (and now chain) was probably not wise...given that I lost a contact lense the other week! On the way home we passed the mangroves on Little Water Cay and we are going there next weekend in a canoe - Little Water Cay is home to Iguanas. In the photos you can see me, Daniel, Osh and H (the skipper and owner of the boat). Osh has developed Camera shyness and so apologies for his lack of face!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home