Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Yesterday was hot. Today was a scorcher but it finally rained this afternoon - the first real rain we have seen since we got here. Yesterday Daniel, Osh, me and 2 Haitian labourers went to tidy up a client's garden - it was hard work and we finally got home about 7.30. We hadn't finished (the light got the better of us) so Osh and I went back this morning. What a mistake! As I drove Daniel to school at 8.30 I could tell it was going to be hot. Just one hour clearing up leaves and I was cooked! It was 30 centigrade by the time I finished and I've not really recovered all day, so was utterly delighted when the rain kicked in dampening down the dust and providing some relief from the heat.

In a moment we are off to deliver plants to another client then home to feed Osh and cook dinner and collapse into bed exhausted. The day here begins around 6 most mornings - by the time Daniel gets up to go to school (about 8am) I have washed up, swept the house, done the laundry, cooked breakfast for him and Osh so by the time 9pm comes around I am done for. The workers in the nursery get here about 6.30 - 7am and work through til about 4.30. On the mornings that I drive Nicky to catch the boat to West Caicos we pass scores of men walking along the road with their billy cans at 6am going to work.

Still no word from the school about whether they have places or not....and I'm just getting to the point when I really like having Osh around all day! He and Daniel are getting on famously and Osh is really enjoying being surrounded by people or day and not just having his Mum as a source of entertainment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home